Senior Product Marketing Manager
Permanent / Full Time
$150000 - $200000
Salary Period PerAnnum
Posted On 05/08/2019
Senior Product Marketing Managers, listen up! This role is for you!
We are working with our favourite tech company to help them source a Senior Product Marketing Manager. They have an incredible product I'm sure you have used recently. What is this product? I can't tell you just now, but happy to discuss further over conversation.
The company is based in the CBD and can easily boast the best offices in Melbourne. They have an immaculate kitchen, the latest coffee machine and a beer tap! Don't get me started on their culture, after placing 3 members of their marketing team in the last 6 months we can easily vouch that the team is filled with outstanding talent, passionate marketers and just overall down to earth great people!
This is a newly created role. There has been a huge amount of investment and importance placed into the marketing department over the last 12 months. They are looking for an outstanding Product Marketer to jump on board to elevate their product. You will be reporting directly with the CMO, communicating with the Product team and the Sales team.
- Develop clear and differentiated messaging and value propositions for their portfolio that compels target audiences to engage and makes it easy for sales to deliver.
- Partner closely with product management to understand the product strategy and develop GTM plans that align with customer needs and drive the right commercial outcomes.
- Own the go-forward brand strategy across our portfolio, ensuring that we’re presenting the right solutions and brand/s to the right audience with clearly differentiated offerings.
- Work with sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship clients through the sales cycle and generate the best customer stories in the business.
- Build and execute product launch plans that are fully synced with business and revenue goals.
- Produce high quality externally-facing content including thought leadership, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, videos, website content, product-related blogs, and more for all funnel stages.
- Create compelling and easy to understand internally facing content including sales training, FAQs, demo scripts, and cheat sheets / battle cards.
- Manage voice of the customer programs which may include win-loss programs, customer councils, etc.
- Work with the strategy team to deeply understand the competitive landscape and positioning.
- Support pricing and packaging initiatives for new or existing products.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business or marketing.
- Extensive product marketing experience at a tech company (or similar) with a proven track record of launching and growing new solutions.
- Experience with building value propositions and managing a portfolio of solutions or brands.
- Can run a strong messaging/positioning process for building a pitch and creating a presentation.
- Ability to build strong relationships with product management, sales, marketing, and other functional groups at all levels of the organisation (including executives).
- Team management experience.
- A love for connecting with customers and sales teams.
- Excel at storytelling with the ability to explain complicated topics simply and clearly.
- Persuasive communicator to build momentum and buy-in from other teams.
- Strong written and analytical skills.
- Excel at collaborating with and influencing multiple stakeholders across functional groups and locations to achieve the team and organisation’s goals.
This is one of the many digital marketing positions' I've got on, in and around Melbourne. If this isn't quite right but you're exploring options give me a shout. I'd love to help map out your future move with you.