Director, Systems Engineering
Miscellaneous/ Python/ Ruby/ Functional
Permanent / Full Time
$180000 - $225000
Salary Period PerAnnum
Posted On 15/04/2019
Director - Systems Engineering
About The Company:
The client I'm working with is solving customer's most challenging problems with solutions that connects and protects as a whole. They have a strong presence in 100 different countries, their focuses are in System Communications, Intelligence/ Space Systems and Electronic Systems.
You'll be reporting directly to the Director of Engineering on all System Engineering projects being deployed, in progress and to be planned. This roles needs an experienced and diligent leader that can display excellent organisation skills, specifically around complex defence communication networking/ tactical radio systems.
- Leadership & Management for Systems Engineering.
- Make good use of the company product portfolio when developing solutions for the customers needs.
- Create a comfortable and disciplined process that is easy to understand when dealing with customers needs around budget on all projects. This would have to prove competitive to market rivals.
- You'll be creating strong long term relationships between your teams/ clients and clients business partners.
- Have a constant influence to be as productive as possible on every process for all projects in order to develop fundamental values in teams.
- Manage and track the performance of engineering staff for career development within the company.
- Create/ find necessary training for engineering teams.
- You'll be expected to attend and work out of regular business hours.
What You Need:
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Communication Engineering, Systems Engineering or 15 + years of engineering management experience with effective communication and team management skills.
- Extensive experience managing an enterprise level engineering departments
- Technical capability/ experience in UHF/ V, HF, Satcom tactical network systems and communications.
- A strong understanding of MANET networks.
- Display knowledge and experience managing schedules, technical progress for complex engineering developments, RF, Network engineering/ development from planning, completion, system acceptance, installation, commissioning and cost.
Preferred Skill Set:
- Experience proposing development plans.
- Current experience working across multi functional teams
- Defence Industry experience.
- A Master degree in one of the following Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering/ 15+ years of engineering management experience with effective communication and team management skills.
All applicants will require to have an Australian Citizenship with an up to date Passport. You'll undergo the process to obtain a security clearance.
How To Apply:
If you're interested in this position please call Justin on 0433 773 568 and send your updated CV to Justin@justdigitalpeople.com.au