Are you debating whether to look for another job? If these apply to you, it might be time to hit the eject button.
1. Wishing an asteroid would hit your office
You have SUPER odd chances of this happening. The most probability you have of this, according to NASA, is in 2046, and that's a 1 in 625 chance… so odds are your office will remain intact for the foreseeable future. Instead of waiting for the end of the world, we recommend getting into gear and trying to find a new job where you won’t be wishing for a catastrophic disaster on a daily basis.
2. You've started using words like "synergy" and "authentic" unironically in everyday conversation
Oops. Big tell-tale sign you need a new job and ASAP, these words refuse to die and can catch on like a nasty cold.
3. You've seriously considered faking your own death just to get out of a meeting
Thought about faking your death and getting a new identity… just to get out of a meeting? Although pseudocide isn't illegal—in other words, yeah, you can get away with this without any consequences—there’s other jobs out there for you where the meetings won’t make you want to disappear off the face of the earth. The almost dedication though ????.
4. You wish you were your dog (more than you should've)
To be honest, we've probably all thought this before, because let’s face it, dogs have it pretty good. But there's a great big world out there which involves not wishing you were your dog every minute of the day (to be honest it does have its upsides though).
5. You've started fantasising about quitting your job and becoming a full-time TikTok influencer
Dreamt of being Charli D'Amelio? Now it's seriously time to quit your job and find a new one because let’s face it becoming a viral TikTok dancer is like trying to win the lottery.
6. If your co-workers greet you with "Hey, you still work here?" every morning
Constantly greeted by surprised co-workers every morning you turn up questioning why you’re even in the office—maybe you should start taking that as a sign to look for a new job…
7. You've memorised the exact number of tiles on the bathroom walls and floor from staring at them for too long
8. You have a countdown to retirement clock on your desk, even though you're only 25
It seems like everyone in retirement is living their best life… but unless you’re a millionaire, you’ve got to get there first through years of working. If only you could talk to someone who could help you land a new job where you wouldn’t even consider having a retirement clock on your desk (ahem Just Digital People).
Seriously, if you're thinking of changing jobs and are after a new role in Software Development, Marketing, or Design, we can help—contact us at Just Digital People, we’re only a phone call away.